Parents/Carers receiving the following support payments are entitled to Free School Meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Child Tax Credit without Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMR&C) of less than £16,190
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- If a child is in receipt of FSM in Primary school this will automatically continue into Secondary school.
Parents / Carers applying for free school meals will, in most cases, no longer need to provide paper proof of qualifying benefit.
The College will no longer be involved in the application process and all enquiries need to be directed to Devon County Council. They now check eligibility through a Department for Children, Schools and Families hub for all applications.
In order to perform a hub check you need to contact Devon County Council, by either telephoning on 0845 155 1019, or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org providing parent/carer surname, date of birth and National Insurance number. .
It is still your responsibility to let us know if your circumstances change and your child is no longer eligible for Free School Meals.