Tavistock College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our current vacancies
Headteacher – Okehampton Primary School
Are you a committed and dynamic leader looking for the exciting next step in your career?
We are looking for a fantastic new Headteacher to join a motivated team of teachers and learners. This is an exciting opportunity to build on a clear school ethos and vision. If you believe that education can have a transformational effect upon the life chances of our children and community, we would love to hear from you.
More details via Dartmoor MAT website – https://www.dartmoormat.org.uk/job-vacancies.html
Finance and Premises Administrator
Start date: to be discussed at interview
Hours: 37 per week, 41 weeks per annum
Salary: NJC Grade C spinal points 12 – 17 salary £17,173 – £18,672
Actual salary: £15,665 – £17,033
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the established Finance and Premises teams at Tavistock College. We are proud to be part of the Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust and actively promote the values and principles of the International Co-operative Alliance.
We are seeking a flexible, committed person to work within finance and premises where the main focus of the role is to provide support. Good interpersonal skills and an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel packages are essential for this role. This is a varied role and there is excellent scope for personal development with the Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust.
Closing Date:: Monday 4th June 2018 @ 9am
Interview Date: Friday 8th June 2018
Tavistock College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and consent to a full DBS Clearance check being made prior to employment.
Teacher of Business Studies
Start date to be agreed
0.5fte temporary for 1 year due to budgetary constraints
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the forward looking Humanities faculty at Tavistock College. We are proud to be part of the Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust and actively promote the values and principles of the International Co-operative Alliance.
We are seeking to appoint a confident, dynamic and enthusiastic teacher who has experience teaching across the full age and ability range within the Business Studies department in the Humanities faculty. The successful applicant will be an outstanding practitioner and will contribute to a continued focus on improving teaching and learning and student outcomes. You will be joining a strong Humanities team who regularly achieve excellent examination results.
Tavistock College can offer you:
- A supportive professional development programme from induction to leadership for all staff, this also includes research opportunities and the possibility for masters level study
- The opportunity to teach across all key stages 3 – 5 including 6th form
- A co-operative inclusive college ethos with high expectations for all students and staff
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
- Opportunities to get involved with many of our partnerships with teaching schools, businesses and university partners
- The opportunity to work across the secondary schools in the Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust will be available if a need arises
You will be:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner across key stage 3 to 5
- A motivating and inspiring role model demonstrating high expectations for all of our students to achieve their potential
- Creative and imaginative in your approach to teaching and learning including the use of new technologies
- Passionate and committed to improve the lives of young people
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th June 2018 @ 9am
Interview date TBC
Tavistock College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and to consent to a DBS clearance check being obtained prior to commencement of employment.
You can also join our talent pool at eteach and be notified when jobs come up that match your skills.