- Start date: 1st September 2019
- Job term: Fixed term for 1 term 1.9 – 20.12.19
- Location: Tavistock College
- Salary: Grade D, actual annual salary £12,444
- Hours: 27.74 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date: Friday 12th July 2019 @ 9am
- Interview Date: TBC
Tavistock College is part of The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust (DMAT), a MAT consisting of 3 secondary and 13 primary schools. As an academy we actively promote the values and principles of the International Co-operative Alliance.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic people who really want to make a difference to the lives of our students. Joining Tavistock College you would be able to access high quality training and development to support classroom practice.
The main focus of this role is whole class supervision in the short term absence of teachers. It is essential that candidates have experience of working with young people, have effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to self-manage. This is a great opportunity for people wishing to gain experience in a classroom/educational setting prior to pursuing a career in education.
We require a Cover Supervisor to have good qualifications (L2/L3) in English and Maths.
At Tavistock College we offer:
- The opportunity to take part in the Schools Direct Teacher Training programme.
- A supportive professional development programme from induction to leadership for all staff, this also includes
Research opportunities and the possibility for masters level study.
- A co-operative inclusive College ethos with high expectations for all students and staff.
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment.
- Opportunities to get involved with many of our partnerships with teaching schools, businesses and university
You will be:
- A motivating and inspiring role model demonstrating high expectations for all of our students to achieve their
- Creative and imaginative in your approach to teaching and learning including the use of new technologies.
- Passionate and committed to improve the lives of young people.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
For further details and an application pack please or visit our website
Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org